June 21, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjaman Butt On

What's so curious about this movie is that anyone watched it. What's even more curious is that it was actually even made. Do the actors, director, producers and everyone else involved proudly sit through the premiere believing their peers are actually enjoying it? Respecting them? Or do they cringe with embarrassment? It must be a very painful experience to have to pretend to be proud of something that sucks so bad. And it was long as all get out. I once heard OJ say that in an interview and feel it's rather apropos because someone should have killed this before it was ever finished. Hollywood rapes us with this shit. I was raped of the five fucking hours it took to watch this junk. Don't do it. Don't watch it. Trust me. (Oh. Okay. I'm flimflammin' and take everything I just said back. I did like the jar of buttons, and the way they were effortlessly poured out of the jar. Really. It was the best scene of the entire flick. Worth every penny spent to make the movie and spent to see it. Every penny.)

Wait. While looking for an image, I've learned that this was nominated for 13 Oscars. Shut it down now. I can't even comment. I'm speechless!

No comments:

Post a Comment