May 29, 2009

Lucky in Love!

I'm gonna tell yee a lil-ull stor-ee. Way back when I bought a watch. It was a wonderful watch. It was a rare watch. It was my favorite watch. Then quite a few years back when I was tightening my purse strings so I could guiltlessly afford my various substance abuses...aka beer money, I sold this watch to a friend of mine. My best friend. Ha. I sold it for more than I paid for it. Ha ha. Chump. But then. But then I had to watch (no pun intended, really) my best friend wear this watch over and over and over again. Time after time. (Again, no pun intended, really...okay maybe that one was intended.) It burned me up inside. It chapped my hide. It chafed my thighs. Really! Who was the chump now? Yeah. You guessed it. This guy. *points and waves thumbs at self* Anyway, I searched the world over, checked eBay religiously, and years later I found a brand new one on eBay and immediately gobbled it up. Didn't even take the time to bid. I "bought it now!" The cool thing, I paid less than what I sold it for. Score! My friend's watch - my old watch - broke. He can no longer wear it. Hehehe. (I know, pure evil.) And suddenly I had my watch back. Well. Fuckity fucken fuck fuck! (I really have a way with words, huh?) I lost that shit five months after it making it's way back into my life. But still, I consider myself really lucky. Here's the thing. How does that dumb-ass saying go? It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. Well, I loved that watch. I loved that watch twice. See? I'm so lucky.


(I still do have this one in orange, but it's just not the same. I can't find a pic of the one I lost it's so rare, but I will continue on searching. If anyone finds one (the watch, not the pic that is), let me know and I'll buy it. It's a Seiko Timetron h Watch. Slim. Gray. Lastly, I think I might know where I lost it and who has it. Would that be weird if I held a stakeout to to get that shit back?)

No comments:

Post a Comment